Maximize the business outcomes of your cloud computing with these 14 MUST HAVES for your cloud cost management dashboard. With the right cloud cost management dashboard, you can manage the BIGGEST challenge of cloud computing, cloud cost.
Like with FinOps you have different stakeholders to manage your cloud cost.
These stakeholders have different needs.
You can fulfill these needs by using BEST-OF-BREED solutions. There is not one provider that fulfills all the business needs of your stakeholders the best way.
Pick the best solutions that fit specific needs!
The native cloud cost management solutions of the public cloud providers are pretty basic and technical. These solutions will be better for cloud cost optimization by your DevOps teams.
If you have substantial monthly (multi) cloud usage, it is hard to maximize your business outcomes of cloud computing with the technical information of the native solutions.
You want to have a view of your cloud cost data from a more BUSINESS perspective. You can make better business decisions if you have a higher overview of cost per; department, project, application, or another business entity.
(multi) cloud cost management dashboard from a business perspective
If you want to get the most out of your cloud spend your cloud cost management dashboard should have at least the below 14 MUST HAVES:
1. (near) real-time data, so you can manage your cost in a (near) real-time context.
2. Tags/labels from your tagged resources in the public cloud and visible and possible to filter.
3. One view of all your multi-cloud data. Your data from different cloud providers need to be imported and needs to be normalized so it can be used in one view.
4. Assign options to business entities, like; customers, departments, projects, applications. With such a deviation, you can see and manage the cost per value stream. Your people can take ownership and manage their cloud spend.
5. Partially assign options so you can split shared costs.
6. View and manage your unassigned costs. You can assign the unassigned costs to a business entity so someone can manage these costs.
7. The option to configure and filter the cloud costs to usage or licenses.
8. Filter on your cloud billing account hierarchy, which is normalized over all your multi-cloud accounts.
9. A User Interface that is intuitive and doesn’t have to be explained and can efficiently be configured to your business needs.
10. Multiple views on your multi-cloud data for all your stakeholders.
11. Different views can be shared with your stakeholders, like your FinOps teams
12. If applicable, like for Managed Service Providers, the option to add a margin or discount to the standard partner cloud cost.
13. An automated process, so you reduce the time-to-insights by speed and quality
14. Budgeting, and alerting, options, so you can track your real-time cloud spend in relation to your budget.
Also read cloud cost monitoring, the best way to do it!
The C-Facts Management control dashboard
With C-Facts Management Control Center, you can create your cloud cost management dashboard that fits your business requirements the best.
C-Facts is a best-of-breed solution, with a FREE TRIAL and you will be UP AND RUNNING in just 2 days.
Contact us, to maximize the business outcomes of your cloud spend.